Replacing a participant resembling two-time MVP Bryce Harper in your fantasy roster, for any period of time, is not any simple process.
It’s additionally no simple feat to search out appropriate replacements for ailing gamers resembling Jazz Chisholm Jr., Ozzie Albies, Michael Brantley, Harrison Bader or Salvador Perez, even when that participant is having a down yr.
Nevertheless, that’s the hand fantasy managers have been dealt just lately. Though it seems daunting, there are many viable choices (owned in 50 p.c or fewer of ESPN leagues) accessible to offer your workforce a lift in, on the very least, one offensive class — although most will be sure to’re not struggling elsewhere.
Here are some choices:
All Nico Hoerner (17.8 p.c owned) is aware of learn how to do is hit. The versatile Cub entered Friday batting .310, together with .322 with three homers, 16 RBIs, 18 runs and .802 OPS in 41 video games since May 1. His 4 stolen bases in that span don’t harm both.
Former Met Andres Gimenez (42.4 p.c owned) hit .308 over his first 63 video games this season for the Guardians and was 28-for-86 (.326) with 4 homers, 13 RBIs, 11 runs, two stolen bases and a .914 OPS in June.
The Diamondbacks’ Christian Walker entered Friday tied for the eighth-most residence runs (19) within the majors, but remained 50 p.c accessible. His .200 batting common might have one thing to do with that — although his 15.3 barrel proportion is elite, and his 10.3 p.c barrels per plate look ranks twelfth within the majors. His anticipated stats are all increased than his precise numbers, particularly within the energy division, and his .269 anticipated batting common and .180 BABIP point out his common ought to rise. Can you think about this energy surge blended with a mean nearer to his profession .241 mark?
Nathaniel Lowe of the Rangers (45.7 p.c owned) is hitting a career-best .278 with 10 homers and 32 RBIs — together with .307 with seven huge flies, 16 RBIs and .910 OPS in June. His most exit velocity ranks within the prime 10 p.c of the league, according to each season since he entered the league in 2019, and his strikeout price is at a profession low 24.5.
Cesar Hernandez (11.6 p.c owned) is like Rodney Dangerfield: He will get no respect. Not solely did he play in 77 of the Nationals’ first 78 video games, however he additionally hit first or second in 72 of these video games and entered Friday tied for the league lead in plate appearances (343). More to the purpose, he has hit .264 with 19 RBIs, three stolen bases and 41 runs (Twenty fifth-best mark within the NL).
After hitting .172 with 12 strikeouts over his first 10 video games, the Twins’ Alex Kirilloff (28.6 p.c owned) was despatched to Triple-A St. Paul, the place he hit .359 with 10 homers, 32 RBIs, 33 runs and 1.106 OPS in 35 video games. In his first 13 video games since returning to the majors, he hit .296 with 12 RBIs and .790 OPS.
Though he hit simply .248 over 39 video games from May 1 via Thursday, Josh Naylor (42.7 p.c owned) drove in 34 runs in that span. It doesn’t harm that he has been the Guardians’ No. 5 hitter, and batting .277 with 4 homers, 23 RBIs and a .863 OPS out of that slot.
Jon Berti (18 of his league-leading 22 stolen bases got here in June) stays accessible in additional than 60 p.c of ESPN leagues, however Miguel Rojas is one other Marlin to contemplate. Though he’s hitting .243, in 16 video games earlier than Friday he hit .333 with two homers, seven RBIs, three stolen bases and .825 OPS.
Despite having an unsustainable .402 BABIP and hitting out of the No. 9 spot within the Braves’ order, Michael Harris II had 4 stolen bases whereas hitting .347 with 4 homers, 16 RBIs, 18 runs and .946 OPS in 27 June video games. His velocity is legit, as he stole 46 bases over 197 video games within the minors.
Isiah Kiner-Falefa (11.9 p.c) has stolen 11 bases this season for the Yankees, six of which got here in June. He additionally has scored 36 runs, good for Thirty first-most within the AL whereas hitting .260.
Javier Baez 2B/SS, Tigers
Entered Friday with not less than one hit in 11 of his earlier 12 video games — hitting .354 with 4 homers, 9 RBIs, 9 runs, two stolen bases and 1.130 OPS.
Nick Pivetta SP, Red Sox
Allowed greater than three earned runs as soon as over his previous 13 begins — going 8-2 with a 2.28 ERA, 81 strikeouts and .193 opponents’ common.
Josh Bell 1B, Nationals
Entered the weekend with an eight-game hit streak, and was 34-for-95 (.358) with seven homers, 18 RBIs, 15 runs and 1.142 OPS in June.
Jon Gray SP, Rangers
Has not misplaced since June 7, going 3-0 with a 1.40 ERA, 29-6 strikeout-walk price and .189 opponents’ common over his previous 4 begins.
Carlos Carrasco SP, Mets
Lost three of his previous 4 begins, permitting 19 earned runs over 17 ²/₃ innings (9.68 ERA). Opponents hit .351 with seven homers and a 1.133 OPS in that span.
Mike Yastrzemski OF, Giants
Struck out in 34 p.c of his at-bats whereas strolling simply 8.5 p.c of the time in June whereas hitting .168 with a .603 OPS.
Tarik Skubal SP, Tigers
After going 5-2 with a 2.33 ERA and .217 opponents common in his first 11 begins, he’s 0-4 with a 8.84 ERA and .325 opponents common in his previous 4.
Myles Straw OF, Guardians
Has not stolen a base since stealing two on June 7 — going 10-for-77 (.130) with 20 strikeouts, .212 OBP and a .381 OPS in his previous 22 video games.
- Aaron Nola is 4-1 with a 2.28 ERA, 53-4 strikeout-walk price and .207 opponents’ common over his previous seven begins for the Phillies. He has a 3.57 ERA in his 5 wins, 4.33 ERA in his 5 losses and a 1.96 ERA, 0.70 WHIP, .162 opponents common and 10.2 strikeouts per 9 in six no-decisions.
- Alejandro Kirk of the Blue Jays crushed it in June, going 29-for-85 (.341) with seven homers, 18 RBIs, 22 runs, 13-11 walk-strikeout price and 1.086 OPS. For the month, his .635 slugging proportion was the seventh-best within the majors whereas he ranked eleventh in common, seventh in runs, third in OPS and second in OBP (.451).
- The Phillies’ Kyle Schwarber hit 12 homers (probably the most within the majors) with 27 RBIs, 27 runs and a 1.065 OPS in 27 video games final month. He additionally stole two bases and walked in 15.6 p.c of his plate appearances.
- The Rockies’ Brendan Rodgers was hitting .165 on May 8, however went 56-for-180 (.311) with six homers, 28 RBIs, 29 runs and .872 OPS over his previous 44 video games to lift his common to .266. He had not less than one hit in 9 of his previous 10 video games earlier than Friday, hitting .381 with a 1.091 OPS.
- Though he struck out 21 occasions in his earlier 21 video games earlier than Friday, Padres catcher Jorge Alfaro had not less than one hit in 16 of these video games whereas hitting .321 with 4 homers, 14 RBIs and .931 OPS.
- Not solely did former Met Amed Rosario hit .360 with two homers, 12 RBIs, 21 runs and .887 OPS final month for the Guardians, he swiped six bases. He has 9 stolen bases on the season and is obtainable in about 35 p.c of ESPN leagues.
Team Name of the Week
Men Behaving Adley